Via Ferrata Guide
- You must be at least 19 years of age.
- Proof of a current Standard First Aid and CPR course - 16 hours
- Submit a skills resume showing:
- Related training courses
- Climbing resume that includes 12 sport leads, minimum 5.8
- 1 – 2 paragraphs about your background and goals related to becoming a via ferrata guide.
- Other information you feel is pertinent
Standard First Aid Course
- First Aid Courses
The Climbing Instructor Programs require a Standard First Aid Course. These courses usually run over a two-day period (minimum 16 hrs), combining theory and practical sessions to provide the basis for dealing with traumatic and medical emergencies.
Standard First Aid and CPR Course
Thesecourses usually run over a two-day period (minimum 16 hrs), combining theory and practical sessions to provide the basis for dealing with traumatic and medical emergencies.
The ACMG does not run these programs but rather relies on outside course providers. Programs from the following, partial list have proven acceptable in the past. Please contact the ACMG Training and Certification program office if you have any questions.