Top Rop Climbing Instructor
- You must be at least 19 years of age.
- Submit a skills resume showing:
- Have a minimum of 30 days outdoor climbing experience over at least 2 years
- Have lead climbed 20 outdoor routes, 10 of these routes are at a minimum standard of 5.8
- Can top-rope to a minimum standard of 5.9
- Supply references who are familiar with your personal and technical background.
- Include a copy of a current Standard (16 hr) first aid certificate or better.
- Include a letter of recommendation from an outdoor climbing operation (camp, educational institution, climbing school or indoor climbing facility).
- 1 to 2 paragraphs about your background and goals related to becoming a Top Rope Climbing Instructor.
Standard First Aid Course
- First Aid Courses
The Climbing Instructor Programs require a Standard First Aid Course. These courses usually run over a two-day period (minimum 16 hrs), combining theory and practical sessions to provide the basis for dealing with traumatic and medical emergencies.
Standard First Aid and CPR Course
Thesecourses usually run over a two-day period (minimum 16 hrs), combining theory and practical sessions to provide the basis for dealing with traumatic and medical emergencies.
The ACMG does not run these programs but rather relies on outside course providers. Programs from the following, partial list have proven acceptable in the past. Please contact the ACMG Training and Certification program office if you have any questions.